You agree to ensure payment for any items you may purchase from us and you acknowledge and affirm that prices are subject to change. When purchasing a physical good, you agree to provide us with a valid email and shipping address, as well as valid billing information. We reserve the right to reject or cancel an order for any reason, including errors or omissions in the information you provide to us. If we do so after payment has been processed, we will issue a refund to you in the amount of the purchase price. We also may request additional information from you prior to confirming a sale and we reserve the right to place any additional restrictions on the sale of any of our products. For any questions, concerns, or disputes, You agree to contact Us in a timely manner at the following firstname.lastname@example.org.
SALE OF PRODUCTS/SERVICES
- We may sell goods or services or allow third parties to sell goods or services on the website (www.theelementarystore.com). We undertake to be as accurate as possible with all information regarding the goods and services, including product descriptions and images. However, we do not guarantee the accuracy or reliability of any product information and you acknowledge and agree that you purchase such products at your own risk. For goods or services sold by others, we assume no liability for any product and cannot make any warranties about the merchantability, fitness, quality, safety or legality of these products. For any claim you may have against the manufacturer or seller of the product, you agree to pursue that claim directly with the manufacturer or seller and not with us. You hereby release us from any claims related to goods or services manufactured or sold by third parties, including any and all warranty or product liability claims.
- We take care to accurately display the colors and images of our products but, we cannot guarantee that your computer or phone screen’s display of any color will be accurate. We also do not provide any warranties that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations and standards, or that any errors in the service will be corrected. Prices and descriptions of products are subject to change at any time without notice, at our sole discretion. We may remove or discontinue any products from our site without prior notice. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
- We may provide you with access to third-party tools over which we neither monitor nor have any control nor input. You acknowledge and agree that we provide access to such tools “as is” and “as available” without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. We shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional third-party tools. Any use by you of optional tools offered through the site is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve of the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third-party provider(s).
- Certain products or services may be available exclusively online through the website. These products or services may have limited quantities and are subject to return or exchange only according to our Exchange and Return Policy.
ACCURACY OF BILLING AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION
- We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
- You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made at our store. You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address and credit card numbers and expiration dates, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed.
You agree to ensure payment for any items you may purchase from us and you acknowledge and affirm that prices are subject to change. For the sale of physical products, we may preauthorize your credit or debit card at the time you place the order or we may simply charge your card upon shipment. You agree to monitor your method of payment.
*mention method/modes of payment and safety standards taken*
SHIPPING AND DELIVERY
- We currently deliver across India to all metros and certain non-metro cities. We have tied up with a reliable logistics partner that ensures reliable delivery of non-perishable items across cities. We try our very best to ensure that there are no delays in shipments.
- For perishable goods, we have our own logistics team that will pick your products from the vendor and hand deliver it to you however, this service is currently available only within Chennai.
- Since most of the products are made to order, we allow the vendors to decide on the lead time they require. This time is indicated alongside each product and reflects in the checkout page. Typically the lead time is 2-4 days. The logistics partner gets a notification once the vendor has your product ready for dispatch. They will then pick it up from the vendor and deliver it to you between 8 am to 9 pm on all days Monday to Saturday. We ship on all days (Monday to Saturday) except Sundays and public holidays.
- Shipment costs and dates are subject to change from the costs and dates You are quoted due to unforeseen circumstances.
EXCHANGE AND RETURN POLICY
- RETURNABLE ITEMS: Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right. If you feel that the packaging of the product is tampered or damaged at the time of delivery, please refuse to accept delivery of the product and contact us immediately at email@example.com, mentioning your order reference number. We shall ensure a replacement delivery is made to you at the earliest. In case there is a delay, please send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number. In the unfortunate scenario that your shipment has been misplaced or lost enroute, we can either resend the order to you (if the same products are still in stock), or issue a credit note to you, or reimburse the amount completely to you.
- NON RETURNABLE ITEMS: Certain types of items cannot be returned, like perishable goods (such as food, flowers, or plants), custom products (such as special orders or personalized items), and personal care goods (such as beauty products, cosmetics & personal hygiene). We also do not accept returns for hazardous materials, flammable liquids, or gases. Please get in touch if you have questions or concerns about your specific item. Furthermore, we do not accept returns on sale items or gift cards.
- Once you return the item you have purchased, upon our acceptance of such returned item, you may make a separate purchase for the new item. We will notify you once we have received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved, you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method. Kindly bare in mind that it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too. We have a 7 day return policy, which means you have 7 days after receiving your item to request a return. To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, with tags, and in its original packaging. You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase. To start a return, you can contact us at email@example.com. If your return is accepted, we’ll send you a return shipping label, as well as instructions on how and where to send your package. Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted. You can always contact us for any return question at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
- If you are unhappy with anything you have purchased on our website, you are eligible for the following return policy:
- Non COD Orders below INR 1000 will be refunded as store credits after evaluation.
- Non COD Orders above INR 1000 will be refunded back into the bank account provided during purchase.
- All COD Orders will be refunded as store credits after evaluation.
- Information to be displayed online: There are various duties and obligations laid down under the Rules for each entity. An e-commerce entity has to display in a clear and accessible manner: (a) its legal name; (b) addresses of its office(s); (c) details of the website; and (d) contact details of customer care and grievance officer. In case of imported goods, the e-commerce entity has to display the name and details of the importer or the seller. The sellers have to display the details about the goods and services offered for sale including total price (along with breakup price), expiry date, country of origin, details of grievance officer, details of importer and guarantees relating to the authenticity of the imported products, warranty/guarantee, terms of exchange, returns and refund and details of delivery and shipment. Sellers are also required to: (a) enter into a written contract with the respective e-commerce entity for undertaking sale or offer; (b) appoint a grievance officer and ensure time-bound redressal of complaints; (c) ensure that advertisements are consistent with actual features of the goods or services; and (d) provide all the relevant information (such as legal name, office address, email address, customer care contact number etc.) to the E-Commerce entity.
- Grievance Redressal Mechanism: Further, in order to be easily accessible by consumers in case of any grievances, an E-Commerce entity has to appoint a nodal person of contact or a senior designated functionary who is resident in India, for ensuring compliance with the Consumer Protection Act, 2019 and the Rules, and also establish an adequate grievance redressal mechanism and appoint a grievance officer whose name, contact details and designation are to be displayed on the platform. Under the new Rules, it is mandatory to acknowledge the receipt of any consumer complaint within 48 hours and provide redressal of the same within 1 (one) month from the date of receipt of the complaint. Further, the E-Commerce entities: (a) cannot impose cancellation charges on consumers unless similar charge is required to be borne by it; (b) must obtain explicit and affirmative consent from consumers for executing the purchase but not through automatic means such as pre-ticked checkboxes; (c) effect refund within a reasonable period of time as per guidelines of the Reserve Bank of India. The marketplace e-commerce entity has to further display, in a clear and accessible manner: (a) details of the sellers, (b) complaint ticket number for tracking status of such complaints; (c) information relating to return, refund, exchange, warranty and guarantee, delivery and shipment, modes of payment, and grievance redressal mechanism; (d) payment method; (e) all information provided by the seller, and (f) parameters on which products are ranked.
- Accuracy of information displayed: A marketplace e-commerce entity has to obtain an undertaking from each seller confirming that the information furnished by them with respect to the goods and services being offered on its platform is accurate and corresponds directly with the appearance, nature, quality, purpose and other general features of such goods or services.
- Regulation of product listings: Under the new Rules, they are also expected to maintain a record identifying sellers who repeatedly have offered goods or services that have been removed or access to which has been disabled under Copyright Act, 1957, Trade Marks Act, 1999 or the Information Technology Act, 2000. The entities are required to disclose any differentiated treatment which it may extend to goods, services or sellers of the same category and publish the same on their platform clearly.
Under the Rules, sellers are prohibited from posting reviews posing as a customer on the offered goods or services. They are obligated to take back goods or withdraw services and refund consideration if such goods and services are defective, deficient, not delivered on time (unless due to force majeure), different from the features advertised or spurious, and the like. The inventory e-commerce entity’s obligations are the same as that of the Marketplace e-commerce entity and those of the sellers, as they sell their own goods and services on their respective platforms. These obligations that the Rules impose upon the E-Commerce entities and the Sellers are to safeguard the rights and interests of the consumers on the digital platforms.
RISK OF LOSS
All items purchased from (www.theelementarystore.in) are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the end carrier.